A former British soldier was killed fighting Russian forces in Severodonetsk

Russia has concentrated its air force and artillery on the city and reduced it to rubble, but Ukrainian troops have said they are still fighting in the city despite Russia’s overwhelming firepower.

Dean Gatley, who lives in Cheshire, posted on Facebook that the family had received “devastating news” that their son had been shot dead on Friday.

“Jordan left the British Army in March this year to continue his career as a soldier in other areas,” he said. “The war against Europe had begun so, after careful thought, he went to Ukraine to help.

“We received several messages from his team telling us about his wealth of knowledge, his skills as a soldier and his love for his job.

“His team says everyone loved him, just like us, and he made a big difference in the lives of many people, not just soldiers, but also training Ukrainian forces.

“Jordan and his team were very proud of the work they were doing and he often told me that the missions they were doing were dangerous but necessary. He loved his job and we are very proud of him. He was really a hero and he will be forever in our hearts. “

Frontline fight in the Donbas

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *