The Cochrane RCMP is investigating the second incident of child attraction in the community

Teams are investigating a second attraction incident in the city of Cochrane that they say occurred just four days after a similar report this week.

RCMP Cochrane says that at around 15:40 on June 2, two children, aged eight and 11, were walking through the community when a suspicious man driving a white van approached them.

“The youths were able to flee and seek help from a father,” police said, adding that the man was seen driving by Carolina Crescent.

It is described as:

  • light colored skin;
  • Bearded orange / red hair; i
  • From 40 to 50 years.

Earlier this week, the RCMP notified the public of a similar incident involving an 11-year-old girl who was approached by a man driving a van.

Police are asking anyone with information about the latest incident, including any video surveillance or camera ringing images taken along Carolina Crescent, to be contacted by calling 403-851-8000.

If you wish to remain anonymous, please contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or using the “P3 Tips” app available on the Apple App or Google Play Store.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *