Three teens charged with assault at Kitchener High School Three teens charged with assault at Kitchener High School Three teens charged with assault at Kitchener High School

Three teenagers have been charged with assault on a Kitchener high school.

A Huron Heights High School staff member called the Waterloo Regional Police Service around 10:50 p.m. Monday to report that a student had been assaulted at the school.

Police said in a press release that the 17-year-old victim had minor injuries, but paramedics were rushed to a local hospital.

Two 17-year-old girls and a 16-year-old girl have been charged with assault with bodily injury.

A Waterloo District School Board spokesman said in an email that “they cannot participate in an interview about a specific incident involving minors and a police investigation.”

CTV News received a video that appeared to show the incident and has decided not to broadcast it at this time.

Police have described the attack as a specific incident.

“A physical altercation, depending on the particular circumstances of each individual incident, can sometimes be considered consensual in nature and not criminal,” his statement said. “In this case, it was not and as a result of the investigation, officers arrested and charged the three youths with a felony of bodily injury.”

Several students told CTV News that the video began circulating on social media on Monday.

“The school should be a safe place for everyone and everyone should feel safe to be in the hallways and in the school building itself,” said 12th grade student Zahra Zeineddne. “It’s sad that people have had to endure this.”

“It’s the worst I’ve ever seen here, [and I] I hope everyone is okay, “said Halle Mitchell, another 12th grader.” I just think it was really disappointing. I don’t think it really represents our school as a whole. Seeing this does not represent us as a community, as grade 12 [students]and how we have grown to be this year. “

“I think it’s really disappointing that the kids at our school can be capable of something like this, especially near the end of the year, when we should all be happy and get along,” the student said. 12th grade Taylor Thorne.

The three accused girls are due to appear in court on August 5.

Anyone with information about the assault is asked to contact the police or Crime Stoppers.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *